I am honored to serve as your 2018 President of The Greater Huntington Park Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. It is indeed a privilege and an honor to serve in this capacity. As a former Mayor of the City, and Chair of various governmental agencies, I pledge to each of you that I will bring the best of my abilities to this position at this critical time.
I am in full agreement with our CEO, Leticia Martinez, the Chamber has three key duties:
- First, lead the 18-member Chamber Board in engagement in our Chamber mission and governance.
- Second, provide guidance, support and encouragement to our professional staff to better serve you – our members.
- Third, continue to actively seek dialogue with you on the ideals, accomplishments and strategic direction of our Chamber.
Our Chamber brings the most fundamental value to our Huntington Park business community. Now in its 112th year, our Chamber is the premier, leading valued channel: to help build your business and to help build our community.How does being our Chamber member help you build your business?
How does your Chamber help build your community?
- Access to a 1,200+ network of enterprises. Over 1,000 members attend Chamber events annually.
- Chamber business referrals. Our Chamber fields and make business referrals daily – to Chamber members.
- Chamber website: thousands of “visitors” & “views” with visitors clicking to our major events and activities.
- First priority and discounted rates on all of programs and activities.
- Promote your business with our latest publication “The Magnate News” that is distributed to the households in Huntington Park.
Our Huntington Park community is a welcoming, loving community, alive with commerce. But it is not perfect. Our Chamber brings a legacy of building a better, more embracing, uplifting community with a thriving economy with opportunity for all our neighbors today and for future generations. It is our work. We are absolutely committed to our work.
- Through our mission: “dedicated to representing private enterprise, promoting business and enhancing the quality of life in our community;” Successful enterprise requires a thriving community and good nourishing, rising quality of life for all – and vice versa. They come hand-in-hand.
- By collaborating with our vibrant allied nonprofit organizations to achieve common community objectives; and,
- By advocating for community initiatives that enhance quality of life for all.
Now more than ever, we need to strengthen our foundations, such as our Chamber, to help create a more positive business environment for us. Together, with your continued commitment to our Chamber, we can build a better today and tomorrow here in our Huntington Park community. Thank you.