The Greater Huntington Park Area Chamber of Commerce primary focus is the concern with the business and commercial life of the city, and it works in partnership with city government in maintaining the economic health and prosperity of the business community.
The organization works on the creation of working relationships and partnerships with its members to promote the economic growth and development in the community.
As the operating business organization, it strives to achieve its and goals and purposes:
- To promote economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all businesses in and around the Huntington Park area.
- To assist and help overcome any barriers which may prevent the promotion of business expansion and community growth,
- As the "Active Voice of Business", represent the Chamber members and their considerations in the decisions of local, county, state and national political issues.
- To aid, assist, foster and support projects, plans and undertakings in the best interest and benefit of the Chamber members.
- To promote programs of a civic, social and cultural nature which are designed to increase the functional and aesthetic values of the community.
- To be interested in a general way of all the physical, intellectual, social, cultural, moral and spiritual achievements of the City of Huntington Park.
- To encourage and promote safety and cleanliness in all areas and sections of Huntington Park.
The Chamber of Commerce has a diverse group of members that include banks, restaurants, retail, industrial/manufacturing, public utilities, and non-profit service agencies. The organization receives their financial support through membership, activity/programs, major downtown events and grants.